Elite Math Competitions Struggle to Diversify Their Talent Pool
F 36. Middle school is a crucial period when students may become keenly interested in advanced mathematics
A 37. Elite school math competitions are attracting more interest throughout the United States.
I 38. Math circles provide students with access to advanced-math training by university professors.
G 39. Students may take advantage of online resources to learn to solve math problem.
L 40. The summer program run by a nonprofit organization has helped many underserved students learn advanced math.
E 41. Winners of local contests will participate in the national math competition for free.
J 42. Many schools don’t place academic competitions at the top of their priority list.
B 43.Contestants of elite high school math competitions are mostly Asian and white students from well-off families.
M 44. Some math training programs primarily focus on raising students’ math scores.
H 45. Some intensive summer programs are very expensive but most of them provide scholarships.
46. [A] It's backed by a campus spending analysis.
47. [B] Facilities management by colleges is more cost-effective.
48. [C] render a number of campus workers jobless
49. [A] The outsourcing plan is not yet finalized.
50. [D] He opposed the governor’s plan to reconstruct the college board system.
51. [B] It was unaffordable for ordinary people.
52. [C] They were versed in literature and interested in art.
53. [D] They gained some knowledge of classical art and architecture.
54. [B] Europe hardly had any museums before the 19th century.
55. [A] There appeared more and more Roman-style buildings.