Job Hunting (for candidates)
• Do you think the student should take the job or turn it down? Try to help him come to a decision.
• 1. 专业对口，但工资低
• 2 .工资高，但专业不对
• 3. 工资高，但工作强度很大
• 4. 专业对口，但晋升机会少
• What should be one’s chief concern in choosing a job.
• 1. Some applicants ask for a low salary in order to get a job. Do you think that is a good strategy? Why?
• 2. What qualifications must one have to be more competitive in the job market?
• 3. Do you think it’s easier for male students to get a job than female students? Why or why not?
• 4. Do you think the higher one’s degree, the easier it will be for one to get a job? (Explain the reasons)
• 5. Many university graduates would rather start their own businesses than hunt for a job. Do you think it’s a good idea? Why?
• 6. During the discussion, why did you say that…?
• 1. Can you say something about your primary school education?
• 2. Can you say something about your middle school education?
• 3. What subject did you like most at middle school?
• 4. What extracurricular activities did you often take part in at middle school?
• 5. Do you think you have more free time at college that at middle school? (If yes) How do you spend your free time? (If not) Why not?
• 6. What do you think of your teachers at middle school.
Education in China (for candidates)
Please say what you know about education in China, focusing on the area specified on your card. The prompts provided are Only For Your Reference. You don’t have to cover all the points or be limited to them.
• 1. Compulsory education
• Nine-year compulsory education / quality of education / student workload
• 2. Higher education
• Rapid development / chances for admission / labor market
• 3. Continuing education
• Updating one’s knowledge / distance education / on-the-job training
• 4. Vocational education
• Need for skilled technicians / possibilities of career advancement / teaching staff and facilities
• Which area of education should be given priority at present?
• 1. Do you think it’s easy to develop education in rural areas? (explain reasons)
• 2. What do you think you can do to help improve education in remote areas?
• 3. Do you think primary school education an important part of your life? (explain reasons)
• 4. Do you think a university education is the only road to a successful career? Why or why not?
• 5. What kind of school would you like to teach in if you were a teacher? (explain reasons)
• 6. During the discussion, why did you say…?