英语六级真题pdf版：2018年6月第2套时间：2019-12-02 15:26:26 来源：文都网校 分享：
1. D) She is the owner of a special cafe.
2. A) They bear a lot of similarities.
3. A) By giving them regular cleaning and injections.
4. C) They love the animal in her cafe.
5. D) It is mostly garbage.
6. B) TV commercials.
7. C) Trying to trick children into buying their products.
8. C) They seldom had junk food
9. C)Tombs of ancient rulers.
10. B) It’s hardly associated with great civilizations.
11. A ) It carries about one fifth of the world’s fresh water.
12.B) We are always in a rush to do various things.
13. C) She was accustomed to tight schedules.
14. D) Reading a book about slowing down.
15. B) She came to enjoy everyday tasks.
16. C) They pose a threat to the local ecosystem.
17. D) Their distinctions are artificial.
18. A) Only a few of them cause problems to native species.
19. A)Respect their traditional culture.
20. C) Drinking alcohol on certain days of a month.
21.D) They have a break from 2:00 to 5:30.
22. D) He had the company’s bedroom extensively renovated.
23. B) Its articles should be short and inspiring.
24 D) He treated the employees like members of his family.
25 C) Several hundred of its employees got fired.
26 K reputed
27 C characters
28 M supposed
29 E fierce
30 H obsessed
31 A campaign
32 N traditional
33 I proclamation
34 F inspired
35 L rest
36. There are a couple of plants tough and adaptable enough to survive on bare rocky hills and in deserts.
C) Extreme conditions produce extremely tough plants. In the rusty red deserts of South Africa, …
37. Farrant is trying to isolate genes in resurrection plants and reproduce them in crops.
H) After completing her Ph.D. on seeds, Farrant began investigating whether it might be possible to isolate her properties that make most seeds so…
38. Farmers in South Africa are more at the mercy of nature, especially inconsistent rainfall.
A)Farmers in South Africa are more at the mercy of nature.…
39. Resurrection crops are most likely to be the choice of subsistence farmers.
40. Even though many plants have developed carious tactics to cope with dry weather, they can’t survive a prolonged drought.
E) The big difference between “drought-tolerant”plants and these tough plants: metabolism. Many different kinds of plants have…
41. Despite consumer resistance, researchers are pushing ahead with genetic modification of crops.
I) Once Farrant and her colleagues feel they have a better sense of which switches to throw,…
42. Most seeds can pull through dry spells and begin growing when conditions are ripe, but once this process starts, it cannot be held back.
G) What else can do this dry-out-and-revive trick? Seeds-almost all of them. At the start of…
43. Farrant is working hard to cultivate food crops that can survive extreme dryness by studying the traits of rare wild plants.
B) Biologist Jill Farrant of the University of Cape Town in South Africa says that nature has plenty of answers for people who want to grow crops in
44. By adjusting their metabolism, resurrection plants can recover from an extended period of drought.
F) Resurrection plants, defined as those capable of recovering from holding less than 0.1 grams of water per gram of dry mass, are different. They lack…
45. Resurrection plants can come back to life in a short time after a rainfall.
D) Farrant calls them resurrection plants. During months without water under a harsh sun,…
46. Compared with human memory, machines can ______.
C) store an unlimited number of human faces
47. Why did researchers create Mega Face? C)To understand computers’ problems with facial recognition
48. What dose the passage say about machine accuracy?
D)It decreases as the database size increases.
49. What is said to be a shortcoming of facial-recognition machines?
A)They cannot easily tell apart people with near-identical appearances .
50.What is the difficulty confronting researchers of the facial- recognition machines?
B)There do not exist public databases with sufficient face samples.
51. What does the author think of college students funding their education through loans?
B) They are acting in an irrational way.
52. In the author’ s opinion, free college education is ______.
53. What should students do if taxpayers are to bear their college costs?
C) Choose majors that will serve society’s practical needs.
54. What does the author say about the value of a student’s college education?
C) It is well reflected in their average starting salary.
55. What message does the author want to convey in the passage?
D) College students should fund their own education.